Saturday, October 20, 2012

Why It's Time For Dogs & Cats

Is there anyone reading this who has a dog or cat who does not feel passionate about their animal friends? Some of the most personal Facebook posts that I see are pictures and stories about our canine and feline companions. I know that I do not consider myself a dog "owner" but rather a dog named Kaydee is a member of our family. She adds a beautiful layer of pure love to our lives. When she greets us at the door she seems to be saying "I love you, welcome back, I missed you so much,  oh I am so happy to see you, did anyone ever tell you that you are amazing and fantastic and I am so happy you are home?"
When I visit my mom who lives in an assisted living center,  sluggish people slumped in chairs perk up. Kaydee makes them smile. They want to touch her. They ask me questions about her and she knows they are fragile. She is gentle with them. When Kaydee and I go out for a walk, she is a kid and adult magnet. Why is this? I am not sure but I suspect that people just understand the beauty of her being. She seems so happy to see everyone. 
Kaydee (white and black) with her best friend Scout

The same is true for cats. I had two cats, Charlotte and Cagney. They slept on my head. They are different then dogs. Some people think cats are aloof, but this is far from reality. Cats simply show their love differently than dogs. When you least expect it,  the sandpaper tongue is kissing you.
This is why FortuneKeeper is bringing dogs and cats to our collection. We are collaborating with a brilliant artist named Dean Russo who does fantastic work. He donates a portion of his proceeds to animal shelters and other great charities and we will do the same.  Check out our Facebook page for more details. Some of the design elements will be different from our current collection. We will keep you posted and to all of the Dean Russo fans who overwhelmingly  loved the collaboration of Dean Russo and FortuneKeeper, we thank you for your many wonderful comments. 
Stay tuned for a new style necklace, key chain, bag pull and bracelet.
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Fortune Keepers look awesome! I just noticed them today, and I am glad I did. I ran across this dog and cat blog and it gave me an idea to give you--fortunekeeper collars! :) I hope to see them soon--I will buy some if I do.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete